7 Ways to Meet the Need to Feel Seen, Heard, and Understood - Leadership Freak
- by Simon Harris
- May 26, 2023
- 1 min
For me at least, a timely reminder with helpful examples.
- You feel motivated when you feel seen.
- You tend to disengage when you feel unheard.
- You’re anxious or angry when you feel misunderstood.
- You engage when you feel you matter.
- Practice vulnerability. Declare development goals.
- Discuss progress. Let people know how you’re doing.
- Provide clear expectations.
- Recognize strengths publicly. Everyone on the team needs to know the top five strengths of everyone on the team.
- Learn to listen. You can listen without committing to do everything people say.
- Thank people for contributing.
- Accept the human condition. Everyone has weaknesses, even you.
- Practice empathy.
- Affirm people’s energy.